3 suggestions

Jun 15, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Great work so far! I have been waiting for a tool like this! Thumbs up!!!

1. Image inserting? Should be possible. And if so, pls, make it possible to predefine in the setup the width of the image displayed, so based on the certain theme you can predefine the showing of the image.

2. So far it is working, but after publishing a post to my wordpress.com-hosted blog, it just says "vorgemerkt", which means something like booked, reserved, etc, so the posting is saved but not published automatically. Why?

3. When blogging via mobile, is it possible to create new categories? If a certain category is not predefined, and you just name it in the certain window, it should be created.

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Hello,

thanks for your post.

1)Image is planned, but we had some problems in this version, i hope in next 2 versions will be image upload implemented.

2)It strange, we tested writer on worpress and it works correctly.

3)For now not, I'll look on it and if metaweblog support this function, we will implement it.

Jun 18, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Hi Heris,

thanks for your answer and your effort on the project! This is really cool!

1. Image: If planned, maybe it might be possible to "auto-resize" the image to fit the actual blog width? This would be very cool. So no link to a bigger image or so is needed. Would reduce the traffic as well.

2. Yeah, this is strange. I´ve experienced this already while using moBlog(http://sampath.wordpress.com/moblog/). Asked there as well, but the developer could not figure it out. I guess it might depend on the time-zones somehow (I´m in Germany actually). So maybe there, or for wordpress.com, where I have my blog, there is something like "publish straight away" function? Dunno...

3. Travelling Blogger (http://darrenjohnstone.net/2007/06/29/travelling-blogger-for-windows-mobile/), which did not work properly on my device somehow, seems to offer this feature.

Anyway, thanks again, and I am really looking forward to the next release!

Cheers,

DaM!

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2009 at 3:35 PM

Hi DaM,

1) We are working on image implemetation, but it is no possible to know blog width and metaweblog (writer using metaweblog to communicate with blogs) doesn't support any function to determine it. But we'll try offer some usefully solution.

2)Yeah, it depend on time zones - you have set up same timezone on your blog as is in your mobile phone, because writer gets time from your phone and send it to blog with post. And blog server saves this time and publish post when is right time on the blog.

3)Basic metaweblog doesn't support crating new categories, I haven't much time to look to some other solution, priority for now is image upload.

Nice day,

Heris